If you’re just getting started with a new website, these 3 Simple SEO tips for a website provides the basic guidelines for getting a solid SEO start and shows you where you can get the help.
Search engines look for:
- Content: Is your content relevant to the user is search?
- Performance: Does the site work properly and takes minimum loading time?
- Authority: Is the content useful enough to link to or do other authoritative sites use that website as a reference or cite the available information?
- UI: How does the site look and behave? Is it easy to navigate around? Does it look safe? Does it have a high bounce rate?
Here are 3 simple SEO tips for a website to make sure your site has what search engines are looking for.
1. Choose a great domain name
While choosing a domain name think about:
- Spelling: If your company name can be easily misspelled, then it can be easily missed too.
- Branding potential: A branded domain can help build trust online and also increase the value of your content.
- Keywords: Keywords you want to rank for in your domain isn’t as important now as it used to be.
2. Research the right keywords for your website
Before you start adding content to your new site, you need to do proper keyword research to find out which words your audience is using when they’re searching for your products or services.
Before starting with keyword research, you should ask yourself:
- What is your page about? Is it about a product or service?
- What is the main intent of the page? What are your main goals for this page? Is it to sell a product or a service, or is it to provide more information that can help visitors make an educated decision? B
So gather all the relevant keywords you’ve discovered and then group them based on things like:
- Product type
Each group of keywords is useful as it helps answer specific questions that prospects might have about your product or service like:
If you are confused about keywords that which ones can send you more traffic, have a look at search volume to see how often people search a specific keyword.
3. Craft your content
High-quality content is the cornerstone of your interactions with customers and how sites achieve top rankings such as:
- Web page content
- Blog posts
- Ebooks, white papers, and reports
- Sales pages
- Pictures, infographics and more
Now that you have a better idea of what users are searching for to find a page like yours, you need to start writing your content and optimize it. Firstly, write for your visitors, and then for search engines.
- Titles: Write catchy titles.
- Keywords: Add relevant and useful information.
- Topics: Focus on a unique topic for every page.
- Quality: Your content needs to be unique and purposeful.
- Freshness: Add new content regularly. You can create a blog where you constantly share information your visitors might find useful, or share ebooks or whitepapers.
Length: You should use more than 500 words. Your content should be long enough to answer visitors’ questions about your product or service.